Driver Operator Regulation
The commercial vehicle operating standard (OSH regulation 3.132)
- At least 20 minutes of break from driving for every 5 hours of work time – including at least 10 consecutive minutes, during or at the end of five hours.
- No more than 168 hours of work time in any 14 day period.
- At least 27 hours non-work time in any 72 hour period including at least 3 periods of at least 7 continuous hours of non-work time.
- No more than 17 hours between non-work time periods of at least 7 continuous hours
- If shift work on five or more consecutive days, at least 24 hours continuous hours of non-work time between shift changes.
ALL THE ABOVE AND ONE OF THE BELOW OPTIONS
- At least two periods of 24 continuous hours non-work time in any 14 day period OR
- At least 4 periods of 24 continuous hours non-work time in any 28 days period – provided the hours do not exceed 144 hours in any 14 day period within the 28 days.